I’M PRESSING ON THE UPWARD WAY: CHORUS

 Verse 1

I’m pressing on the upward way

New heights I’m gaining everyday

Still praying as I onward bound

Lord plant my feet on higher ground.


Lord lift me up and let me stand

By faith on heaven’s table land

Where love and joy and light abound

Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

Verse 2

My heart has no desire to stay

Where doubt arise and fears dismay

Though some may dwell where these abound

My constant aim is higher ground.

Verse 3

Beyond the mist I fain would rise

To rest beneath unclouded skies

Above earth’s turmoil peace is found

By those who dwell on higher ground.

Verse 4

I long to scale the utmost height

Though rough the way, and hard the fight,

My song while climbing shall resound,

Lord lead me on higher ground.

Verse 5

Lord lead me up the mountain side

I dare not climb without my guide

Ans, heaven gained, I’ll gaze around

With grateful heart from higher ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment