SHABACH YEAHUA DAILY DEVOTIONAL. Tuesday 10th Jan. 23



*TOPIC:* 

*MIND YOUR MOTIVE (2)*

🔑 *KEY VERSE:* 

"This I say then, walk in the spirit and ye shall not

fulfill the lust of the flesh" (Gal. 5:16).

📖 *TODAY'S READING:* 

Galatians 5:24- 26

📜 *ONE YEAR BIBLE STUDY PLAN* 

Job 24-28

*COMMENTARY*

The question arises: "Since we know that the flesh is always trying to take over our motives, how do we guard our hearts to ward off this constant incursion of self in our motives? The

writers of *Got Questions* blog provide eight specific questions to help us evaluate our motives, which I reproduce here by permission:

1. If no one ever knows what I am doing (giving, serving, sacrificing), would I still do it?

2. If there was no visible payoff for doing this, would I still do it?

3. Would I joyfully take a lesser position if God asked me to?

4. Am I doing this for the praise of others or how it makes me feel?

5. If I had to suffer for continuing what God has called me to do, would I continue?

6. If others misunderstand or criticize my actions, will I stop?

7. If those whom I am serving never show gratitude or repay me in

any way, will I still do it?

8. Do I judge my success or failure based upon my faithfulness to what God has asked me to do, or how I compare with others?

If you provide the right answers to these questions, there is little

chance of falling into evil motives knowing that your life as a whole or the monthly account you give as a pastor, will be finally judged by God who can never be deceived. Those involved in ministry must stay alert to this tendency towards selfishness because ministry begun for pure reasons can quickly devolve into selfish ambition if we don't guard our hearts (Prov. 4:23).

The final answer to the problem of the flesh is to walk in the Spirit. Paul says in Gal. 5:25-26, "If we live in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." Let your motives glorify and please God.

➖➖➖➖➖➖

🎚 *CONTROLLING THOUGHTS* 

Motive becomes an issues when we are not honest to ourselves about about why we are doing things.

🙏🏿 *PRAYER* 

 Holy Spirit, help me to clarify my thoughts and align them with yours.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀 

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Join this watsapp group for a daily free devotional that will steer you into the fullness of the Holy Spirit https://chat.whatsapp.com/E7kKOLz9JquF6hP3FK0oFu

Connect with us on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088323995961

Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/shabachyeshua1?r=nametag

Web blog:

https://bit.ly/JosShabach

No comments:

Post a Comment